Monday 23 May 2016

Kanye prefers Kim without make-up

KIM Kardashian West said she would wear make-up “24/7” but her husband, rapper Kanye West, likes it when she doesn’t wear any at all.


The reality TV star and businesswoman was speaking at the annual Vogue 100 festival during a session titled Fashion, Friendship & Fabulous Lashes with make-up artist to the stars, Charlotte Tilbury, which was hosted by UK Vogue’s editor-at-large Fiona Golfar.
“My husband loves me without make-up so ... I would wear make up 24/7 if I could, but he likes me without it,” she said.
West attended the event with her and watched from the audience as his wife shared her make-up secrets and anecdotes.
The star of Keeping Up With The Kardashians told fans how her late father, lawyer Robert Kardashian, had sent her for make-up lessons when she started to wear it for the first time aged 14.

“He wanted us (Kim and her sisters) to look age appropriate and so he sent us to make-up school ... they videotaped it ... if only I could find that tape, but we used to watch it over and they’d explain every step from contouring to powder ... we’d watch it over and over and I’ve been fascinated by make-up ever since.”The self-confessed “make-up junkie” said she has tried to tone down her look recently, including not wearing hair extensions or fake eyelashes.
“I used to fight so hard to get my own team on shoots,” she explained, “But now I want to see what the photographer’s vision for me is, so I really do love playing around with different looks ... I’m more open to it than I was before.”
She insisted that despite reports, she hasn’t had plastic surgery on her nose and that it’s all down to her favourite make-up technique, contouring, which involves defining a facial feature with make-up.
“I love contouring my nose. I know everyone thinks I’ve had a nose job but I really haven’t, it’s all down to contouring. I think I’ll always contour my nose.”The mother-of-two spoke frankly about Caitlyn Jenner, who was previously featured in the series as Bruce Jenner.
The Olympic gold medallist transitioned to a woman and was introduced the world to Caitlyn in July 2015 with a Vanity Fair cover shoot.
Caitlyn is a step-parent to Kim, her sisters Kourtney and Khloe and brother Robert, but has two daughters — Kendall and Kylie — with ex-wife Kris.
She said she had a heart-to-heart with Caitlyn and gave her some make-up and fashion tips.
“Once I realised this was going down and the world was going to know ... I was like, if you’re going to do this, you have to do it right, you cannot steal my make-up or hair artists ... but you’ve got to look appropriate and have pretty make-up and hair,” she said.
“It was obviously an adjustment, but now I think my little sisters are so much closer with Caitlyn, she loves make-up, she loves the process.”
Caitlyn Jenner and Diane Sawyer at the 27th Annual GLAAD Media Awards.
Caitlyn Jenner and Diane Sawyer at the 27th Annual GLAAD Media Awards.Source:AFP
The actress and model posed for men’s magazine, Playboy, in 2007 and told the audience that her mother had talked her into doing it.
She had her first daughter North West in 2013 and her second child, Saint West, was born in December last year.
“This sounds so bad, but I feel like my mum talked me into doing it (the Playboycover), she really did.”
Talking about being uncomfortable at the time, she spoke about feeling more confident now that she was a mother. She said losing a lot of her baby weight had also helped to boost her confidence.
“I think especially if you’re a mum,” she explained, “The power you feel when it takes you months (to lose the weight) and I wake up every single day at 5.55 and work out for an hour before the kids gets up ...”
She said she felt a sense of pride having worked hard to lose the weight on both occasions.
“I felt sexy again and I felt empowered. And you know, I’m not the kind of like, feminist that’s like, free the nipple and everyone follow me and do it.
“If you’re super conservative that’s great, it’s just I feel comfortable doing what I want to do. If I post a nude selfie, I certainly don’t mean to offend anyone. I do what I want to do, you do what you want to do.”Kim Kardashian on the cover of Playboy magazine in 2007.